Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sopes de cecina

A Spanish class assignment has me creating a video of myself talking in Spanish while cooking something from a Spanish-speaking country. The trick is that I'd never cooked anything remotely challenging before. I picked (essentially at random) sopes de cecina. I could find neither sopes nor cecina, so I did some substitution - tortillas and pork, respectively.

The cooking part actually went pretty well; it was the camera management that was troublesome - the tripod I used couldn't rotate up and down, only right and left. Nevertheless, I got some decent shots of cutting the pork, salting it, frying it in a pan, and of building the final product. The food, surprisingly, turned out quite well despite the untested substitutions.

I now know one actual recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment